- High-strength 3 mil polyester film backing can be run with coolant
- Micron-graded aluminum oxide mineral achieves a fast cut-rate and provides a uniform, consistent finish
- Type S (smooth) backsize provides an anti-slip friction coating for microfinishing camshafts and crankshafts
- Ideal for automotive powertrain applications, roll superfinishing and precision manufacturing
- Available in 9-100 micron grades to help operators achieve goal tolerances
- Long length rolls
Our 3M™ Microfinishing Film Roll 362L quickly cuts, shapes and polishes, delivering close-tolerance finishes for precision tooling and machining applications. Available in 9-100 micron grades, aluminum oxide is electrostatically oriented and bonded to a polyester film backing. A Type S (smooth) backsize coating provides slip resistance for microfinishing machines.
Built for Microfinishing and Precision Manufacturing
On flat parts such as aluminum die castings, cylindrical or contoured tooling and machine parts — consistent and predictable finishes are key. 3M™ Microfinishing Film Roll 362L achieves close tolerances by way of a uniform film backing and micron-graded abrasive grain. The abrasive mineral is distributed precisely and uniformly over the backing, which helps produce a consistent, predictable finish each time.
Our 3M™ Microfinishing rolls are commonly used to produce industrial components like custom flanges and fittings for the oil and gas industry. Automotive parts, like crankshafts, camshafts and transmission parts must meet critical geometrical tolerances and exacting finish requirements. 3M™ Microfinishing films deliver exceptional results and are resistant to oils, water and emulsions. Manufacturers also rely on our microfinishing films for precision machining of steel printing components, dies for industrial equipment and supplies, and CNC machining parts.